Tenant Services

Register with PAD

If you require accommodation in Manchester, whether for immediate or future occupancy – please register with Pad. Our Listings are being continuously updated with new properties, available in all locations.

Please complete our contact form or call pad on 0161 839 9654

In order to assist you promptly, please consider the following:

  • Your Target rent
  • Number of bedrooms
  • Location
  • Whether parking is required
  • The start date for occupation
  • Any special requirements such as cleaning or serviced facilities
  • Important notes for prospective tenants,

Our website is updated daily but call to confirm availability.

Tenancies are based on a 6 or 12 month term.

Your deposit will be held under the Government Insured DPS scheme.

From the 1 June 2019, as a result of the Tenant Fee Act 2019

Holding Deposit, equal to 1 weeks rent is payable upon the start of the application process.
Successful Applications – any holding deposit will be offset against the initial rent and deposit, with the agreement of the payee

Fees, payable in accordance with the Tenant Fees Act 2019
Additional variable charges may apply during the course of tenancy or at the end and are detailed within the tenancy agreement.
e.g default of contract – later payment charge £25.00
default of contract – loss of keys £25.00
contract variation – admin charge – minimum cost £50.00
contract termination – admin charge £50 (plus any reasonable landlord costs by prior agreement)

A deposit equalled to 5 weeks rent
The deposit and first months rent is payable once the references have been passed and before the tenancy begins

Credit checking and landlord and employer references will be taken up by Van Mildert. The application forms can be sent via an online link.

Applicants should be aware that in order to satisfy the criteria set by our credit checking agency, your gross income should be equivalent to the monthly rent x 1200, then divided by 35.

Unfortunately, where we are unable to credit reference overseas applicants, we would require the rent to be paid in full at the start of the tenancy. We do welcome overseas visitors and suggest perhaps their company or sponsor takes responsibility for the tenancy but as much information that can be provided will assist.

The first month’s rent is payable when you move into the property. This must be paid in cleared funds i.e. bankers draft or debit/credit card.

Once satisfactory references have been received, we will contact you to arrange to hand over the keys, sign the tenancy agreement and go through the inventory. Rent is payable on a monthly basis on the date you move into a property.

We will supply you with a standing order mandate when you move in which you need to complete and hand to your bank.

Tenants are responsible for council tax and all utilities. The letting agent will obtain meter readings and inform services in writing of the change of occupancy. (Except telephone)

On multiple/joint lets all individuals must be present to sign the tenancy agreement before the keys are handed over and will be jointly liable for rental payments and obligations contained within the tenancy contract.

Tenants are responsible for accidental damage to the landlords’ contents as well as their own. We strongly recommend that contents insurance be taken out. Cover can be made online and you would have protection.

You will be required to report any maintenance and repairs to the letting agent as soon as it comes to your attention.

If you do not wish to stay at the property at the end of the fixed term, we require one month’s notice in writing.

You will be required to produce I.D. when applying for accommodation. You must first provide your passport, driving licence with photo, or credit/debit card, along with one of the following:-

  • Recently paid utility bill from the last three months at your current address, e.g. water, electricity or gas;
  • Bank statement from the last three months at your current address;
  • Credit Card statement from your current address.

If an international resident or international student, a copy of your employment contract or confirmation of placement at University.

FREE Instant Online Valuation in just 60 seconds

Latest News

See all