Selling your home may seem fairly complex, take some photos, get it online, and so on. However, there are plenty of things that you can do to increase home appeal in the eyes of buyers. We’ve come up with some simples hints and tips to help you sell your house quicker.
1. Don’t just focus on the interior of your home – think about the exterior as well. Good landscaping or at least a well-kept garden will help to both increases the price of your property and give an overall feel of the home.
2. Your front door is literally the first thing that prospective buyers will see. A quick lick of paint and the addition of some plant pots will go a long way.
3. On entry, the next thing that prospective buyers are most likely to see is the staircase. Again, make sure to give this area of your home some TLC. Using neutral tones and even upgrading the lighting will help to create a larger, bright space.
4. The lighting really is a huge selling point when it comes to putting your house on the market. It needs to feel light and airy. Make sure all your rooms are lit well or have access to windows.
5. The colour of your walls can either seriously help or jeopardise selling your home. You need to remember that not everyone’s favourite colour is dark blue. Instead, paint your home in neutral colours
6. There’s no need to completely do up the kitchen. This is both costly and time-consuming. Instead, remove any clutter and create a space any new home-owner would be proud of.
7. The one thing potential buyers really do not want to see is your day-to-day clutter. Have a big clear up and remove toys, rubbish and any other knick-knacks that are not needed.
8. Pets are a little bit marmite when it comes to selling your house. While some will love to meet your man cats and dogs, others may find them off-putting – especially those that may have allergies. Make sure they are out of the house when viewers are looking around and remove any bowls, litter trays and pet toys.
9. If you live in a house with a back garden, make sure that you remove any weeds and that the grass is freshly mowed. If you think a few floral additions may add value to your home, then definitely make a couple of inexpensive purchases. And if you have viewers looking around in the evening, make sure you have some form of outdoor lighting.
10. One of the most important things that you need to do is make sure that the property is clean. That means no pants on the floor of your bedroom, vacuumed floors and clean work surfaces. Your viewers want to imagine themselves living in this house, and dirt will definitely not help this.